This is a delicious way of using up all the extra turkey that is left over after a roast dinner. It makes a change from the usual turkey sandwiches that get served up. The quantities shown in this recipe serve 4 when served with either baked potatoes, nachos, tortillas or rice. If you are onl,y cooking for one or two people I suggest you make the full quantity and freeze the leftovers - they work really well for a superbly quick home cooked meal.
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Chillis, finely chopped
- 500g Cooked turkey, cut into pieces
- 400g tin Chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin Kidney beans in spicy sauce
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano, chopped
- Lightly fry the onion, garlic and chilli until the onion has softened.
- Add the turkey and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.