Everyone knows that Christmas is a time for turkey, chestnuts and sherry, so why not combine them into one easy to prepare and delicious meal? Trust me, with this recipe you can't go wrong! It is sophisticated, rich and delicious, especially when served with steamed organic vegetables coated in a little butter. The combination of the slightly gamey flavour of the turkey combines well with the rich flavour of the sherry and the mild sweet nutty flavour. The following quantities serve 2.
- 2 Turkey breast steaks
- 5tbsp Medium sherry
- 75ml Double cream
- 50g Chestnuts, roughly chopped
- Fry the turkey steaks over a high heat until sealed and slightly browned all over.
- Turn down the heat and pour the sherry over the turkey. Add the chestnuts and 2 tbsp water.
- Simmer the sauce, to allow the turkey to thoroughly cook and to allow the flavours to mix.
- When the sauce has reduced by half, add the cream and stir thoroughly.
- Simmer for a further 5 minutes, and serve immediately with the sauce poured over the steaks.