This is a lovely, light and refreshing starter that is perfect for a summers dinner party. It is especially stunning with the cocktail served in the melon skins as bowls. The quantities shown here serve 2.
- 1 Melon, I like to use a galia melon
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 Handful Pecan halves
- Black pepper
- Cut the melon in half and discard the seeds.
- Scoop the flesh out of the melon using a melon baller.
- Place the lime juice, honey, mint and black pepper into a jar with a tight-fitting screw-top lid and shake well.
- Mix the pecans and melon balls in the melon bowls and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Either serve immediately, or chill until ready to serve.